- Shoulder width apart
- Take the putter and place on hips, then bend hips but keep your back straight
- Arms hang freely under chest
- Contact is most important for consistency. In order to create consistent contact the ball must be aligned in the same position in the stance for every stroke. The correct position is directly under the left eye for right handed putters and under the right eye for left handed putters.
- A pendulum motion with the arms is also key to create consistency. A pendulum will take the wrists out of the stroke.
3. No Deceleration:
- The leading cause of deceleration is too long of a back swing.
- Take a shorter back swing, then push through the ball completely to help eliminate deceleration.