- The club is held primarily in the palms.
- The wrists are firm yet hands relaxed.
- Comfortable and allowing club face to return squarely to the ball.
- Putting is an arm and shoulder motion leaving the lower body stable during the swing; the most important alignment will be with the upper body.
- Eyes should be parallel to the target and the ball should be positioned directly under the left eye.(For right handed putters).
- Putter face always square to target line.
- The foot position helps provide a solid base for the stroke; a little less than shoulder width.
- Shoulders level and elbows are towards the pockets. The forearms and shaft create a “y”.
- Weight directly over the heels of the feet, any variance will create leaning.